Connecting the Data: Data Integration Techniques for Building an Operational Data Store (ODS)
This book contains three sections spanning ten chapters. Section I, Foundational Concepts, will provide you with the necessary basic concepts and discuss schema integration. Section II, Preparation and Design, introduces the case study and we will reverse engineer each of the data sources to create a set of data dictionary reports which will provide us with the meta data we need to apply the schema integration process. Section III, Physical Implementation, will present scripts to populate each of the source databases and spreadsheets and use reports to create Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) specifications. The ten chapters within these three sections are:
- Chapter 1 –: Introduction and Roadmap
- Chapter 2 –: What is an Operational Data Store (ODS)?
- Chapter 3 –: What is Schema Integration?
- Chapter 4 –: The Role of the ODS within DW Architectures
- Chapter 5 –: Reverse Engineering the four Source Schema
- Chapter 6 –: Designing the Interim Schema
- Chapter 7 –: Preparing the ETL Specifications
- Chapter 8 –: Designing the Physical ODS Database Model
- Chapter 9 –: Designing Our ETL processes with SSIS
- Chapter 10 –: Data Quality Profiling
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Die Wirkungsgeschichte Der Trierer Gruendungssage Vom 10. Bis 15. Jahrhundert (Europaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studie)